FAQ’s about Mental Health Counseling License:

Can I sit for the National Examination before I finish my post-master's hours?


Do I have to be finished with my supervised experience before I can take the laws and rules course and the medical errors course?

No. You can take these courses anytime.

As a registered intern, am I required to obtain continuing education?

No, however, you may choose to take the HIV/AIDS and Domestic Violence requirements for initial Licensure while you are a registered intern.

I’ve just put my application for intern registration in the mail. Can I begin counting my hours now?

No. Chapter 491.0045,F.S. requires that you register as an intern prior to commencing the post- master’s experience.

Can I complete my hours in less than 2 years?